To make mac and cheeze noodles you need 2 fresh zucchini aspiralizer. I have aPaderno vegetable slicer from amazon.ca that works great. It has three blades and I use the one for larger noodles.
*You can also make spaghetti-like noodles using a julienne peeler.
1. Peel the green skin off the zucchini noodles and cut them in half.
2. Use the spiralizer to make the large noodles (or your julienne peeler)
3. Cut them into smaller pieces so they look like macaroni noodles.
4. Set noodles aside while you make your sauce.
* You can also score the edges lengthwise before running it through the spiralizer to make your noodles, but be careful not to cut too far into the centre.
*I save the ends and center zucchini bits and throw them in the sauce!
I make the cheese sauce right before I want to eat. You can prep all the ingredients and have them ready to blend if you have a Vitamix - I blend it until it’s hot!
2 cups of fresh organic corn
½ of a fresh red pepper
½ cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked for 1/2 hour)
1 green onion
½ lemon juiced
1/4-1/2 jalapeno (test it first for hotness!)
1 clove garlic
1 stick of celery
1 tsp chili powder
the ends and zucchini center bits leftover from spiralizing
Optional: 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds!
*When fresh organic corn is not available I use frozen organic corn. Organic frozen corn is blanched before freezing.
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy, and HOT!
2. Pour generously over your noodles and stir in.
3. I added broccoli florets too! Mmmm Broccoli and Chedda' with KETCHUP! (You can soak your broccoli in hot water for an hour beforehand to soften it up a bit)
4. Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper if you dare. ;)
Bonus Recipe: RAW KETCHUP
If your like me and always had ketchup on everything as a child, including your Mac and Cheese, then you’ll want some ketchup to go with this recipe. I think it adds so much to the dish. But I don’t mix it in; I serve it on the side and use it like a dip! The best part is that it’s fresh, oil free and salt free!
½ c sun dried tomatoes (soaked)
½ lemon juiced
1 clove garlic
1 stem green onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
3-4 pieces of dried mango
1. Juice ½ lemon and chop the tomatoes. Place in blender.
2. Place remaining ingredients in your blender.
3. Blend on high speed until smooth.
Mac n' Cheeze
Who loved Mac n’ Cheese as a kid? I know I did! The little round noodles with the creamy cheesy sauce. I haven’t eaten it in years due to the gluten, dairy, and over processed nature of the dish. But now I can indulge again, and you can too with this low fat, raw vegan Mac n' Cheeze recipe! Yay!
This recipe is raw, vegan (dairy-free), gluten-free, processed sugar-free, yeast-free, oil and salt-free, and you can make it overt fat free too! It won’t leave you feeling sluggish with a bellyache and packs a ton of nutrition in the fresh fruit and veggie ingredients. It's my favorite comfort food meal!